Sunday 30 January 2011

fetch me my reading spectacles

it's been a strange kind of day. there seems to have been some secret and almost invisble-to-the-naked-eye corner turning.

i've been inspired.

i want to sew again. i want dancing lessons. i want to try out for american idol and make out with steven tyler.

there is a very slim chance that any of those things will happen, given that my sewing skills are limited, i can only sidestep, i can't sing (nor do i live in america) and steven tyler will be too busy getting it on with the younger chicks.

none of that matters. it COULD happen.

i can make anything happen.

wow. watch out london. incoooooooommmmmmmiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cully!

    I'm not sure if you get notified if I reply on my own post, but I wanted to answer your question about HAES reading =)

    The original book is Health At Every Size by Dr Linda Bacon (wonderful name, I have to say). It's available on amazon, but there's some info here: http://www.lindabacon.org/HAESbook/ There's lots of great info online, as well, though. This is a review of the book that gives the basic ideas involved: http://www.more.ca/body-and-mind/food/health-at-every-size/a/21212

    There's also a lot of online communities and blogs that deal with HAES - it goes hand in hand with fat acceptance, so the two come up a lot together. Here's a list of entries with the HAES tag over at fatshionista on livejournal: http://community.livejournal.com/fatshionista/tag/haes

    Personally, I'd invest in the book if you can. The basic principles are pretty simple - eat healthy (to me, that means eating by the food pyramid), be active (to me, when I'm in school, I count that as being active because I'm running around for 14 hours a day, and when I'm not, I count that as walking my dog, taking the stairs, doing physical activity that I enjoy), and accept my body.

    As for the fat girl jokes - I hear ya there. But check out Joy Nash's book on staircase wit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQ_IKkAM9I I tell you, some of the stuff she says almost makes me want to have someone insult me, just so I can use one of her great retorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **And by book, I mean youtube video. They're totally the same thing, right? =D

    ReplyDelete